It’s very rare to find a lasagna recipe that is light, satisfying, and delicious all at the same time. And when that happens, well, you lock that recipe in a box and stuff it in a safe with a 9 digit code, and entrust a team of highly trained ninja monkeys to protect it.
But really, this lasagna is AMAZING. Cheesy, but awesome. (haha! get it?) It’s a family favorite.
First: -Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
-Cook your lasagna if it needs cooking!
Melt 1/2 a cup of butter (113 grams) in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add one onion and a clove of garlic, and stir frequently.
Mix in 1/2 a cup of all-purpose flour and one teaspoon of salt, simmer until bubbly.
Mix in 2 cups of chicken broth and 1 1/2 cups of milk. Boil, and keep mixing.
(If you can’t find store bought broth, take 1 cube of chicken stock and dissolve in 2 cups of water, and add it in.)
Time for the cheese! Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Season with 1 tsp basil, oregano, and ground black pepper, and remove from heat.
Cheesy goodness… mmm…
Get a cool 9×13 inch baking dish.
Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture into it.
Layer with 1/3 of the lasagna noodles,
and about half the chicken.
Another layer of noodles,
Some more sauce,
2 packs of frozen spinach, (10 ounces) (you can really add as much as you like though)
the other half of the chicken,
“Sprinkle” remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and half a cup parmesan cheese,
Layer the rest of the noodles and spread the remaining sauce on top,
Annnd finally, sprinkle with 1/4 a cup of parmesan cheese, and parsley.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven!
are you ready to see this piece of magic, this wonder, this beautiful lump of deliciousness?
Here it is, in all it’s glory.
Now, look at this:
Feast upon it, and feed your happy tummies.
This recipe was taken from here.
Cheesy Chicken Lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, the ricotta, and the chicken. Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken, and layer with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, and the remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange remaining noodles over cheese, and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
-The Messy Sisters