Helloo There!! Today is number 13 in the Ramadan calendar. Wow the days pass by fast! Ramadan is always an excitement. And the kitchen is always busy! Everyone has a part in preparing for the iftar. It’s nice seeing the family members running around the kitchen as one pours the water into the cups and the other gives out dates. Someone might put out the plates or help with a dish. And finally Allahu Akbar (God is the GREATEST) the adan is sounded and whether or not we’re finished with preparing for iftar everyone sits down and dig in to there meal.
My part in the kitchen is usually the dessert. Mainly because my favorite meal is dessert. Sometimes i totally skip my dinner or lunch and just go straight to dessert!
For today I made a very delicious cake i found on the internet. Honestly this is the second time I make this cake and I just had to share it with you! This cake is really simple and sooo good!
This cake is initially made with fresh strawberries but i didn’t have those at hand so instead i used frozen. And since both way the strawberries are going in the oven i didnt think it would matter much.
So i started with preheating the oven 325* F or 165* C. Grease a 10 inch Bundt pan.
In a bowl stir in together 2 1/4 cups of flour with baking soda and salt. Then mix in the lemon zest of a lemon.
Beat in the three eggs one at a time and the pour in 1 TB of lemon juice.
After that cut up your strawberries into quarts and sprinkle over them 1/4 cup of flour.
Combine the flour mixture with the egg mixture and put in a cup of yogurt. Mix thoroughly. Toss in the strawberries and gently mix it into the batter until no more flour is seen.
And pour batter into pan.
and put it into the oven and bake for an hour or until a toothpick is inserted and has come out clean.
Once the cake is finished from the oven. Allow it cool for 20 mins before removing it from pan and allowing it to completely cool.
Once it has completely cooled mix together 2 TBS of lemon juice and 1 cup of powdered sugar and glaze the cake.
And there you have it! Enjoy!! :))
Strawberry Yogurt Cake
2 1/4 cups of AP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Zest of one lemon
3 TBS of lemon juice seperated
1 cup ( 2 sticks) Butter
2 cups of sugar
8oz (1 cup) of vanilla or plain yogurt, Greek yogurt
12 oz of strawberries, diced
1 cup of powdered sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 325* F or 165* C.Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan. Whisk together 2 1/4 cups of flour ( save the other 1/4 for later), baking soda, and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
2. In another bowl with an electric mixer mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix in 1 TB of lemon juice and save the rest for later.
3. Mix in the Flour with the egg mixture together. Mix in the yogurt.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the strawberries and mix them into the mixture gently until no more flour can be seen.
4. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for around an hour or until tooth pick is inserted and has come out clean. Cool cake for 20 mins then take out cake an cool completely.
5. Mix together 1 cup of powdered sugar and the rest of the 2 TBS of lemon juice. Drizzle over the cake. Serve the cake warm.
Make sure to make this cake this summer!!
This cake was taken from ” A Spicy Perspective”. http://www.aspicyperspective.com/2010/05/farmstand-fresh.html
And see you next time in our next project!!
A friend of the sisters,